It’s all about Jesus. And to know Him for who He is we need to understand His book.
The Discipleship Bible School is all about understanding the Bible in its original context while experiencing it with a group of like-minded disciples of Jesus who desire to know God and grow in the understanding of His Word.
Why attend a DBS?
What is the DBS?
The DBS is a 12-week intensive residential Bible School in which you will live together with staff and students and learn to go deeper in the Old and New Testaments.
Structure of the school
- During the 12 weeks of this course, you will receive teaching on all the books of the Bible and read through them in small groups.
- In our school you will learn how to read the Bible in context and study it for yourself.
- You will also learn how to lead others in small group Bible studies so you can bring the understanding of the Bible into your own environment.
- You will read the Bible focused on the redemptive plan of God, His character and nature as well as Biblical principles, all of which will help you to know God better, understand His heart and apply the knowledge of the Scriptures to your own life.
We are so glad that you’re interested in getting involved with YWAM Madrid. Here is a quick overview of the application process, whether you plan to come as a student or a volunteer.
- Get in touch!
Start the application process by filling out this quick form! This will give us a good idea of what your interests are and how we can help you best in your application process. If you are still unsure about applying, this would be a good time for us to answer any questions you have.
Once we’ve answered your questions and you’re ready to apply, we will send you the link to the online application forms.
- Recent photograph
Please send a recent photo of yourself with your application form.
- Registration fee
After sending your application form, please make your non-refundable registration fee payment of 50 €, either by bank transfer or PayPal (the bank details are on the application form).
If you are not a European citizen (Schengen Zone), you will need a visa. Processing the visa documents costs 50 €, so if you need a visa, please pay 100 € to cover the visa and the registration cost.
Please send the confidential reference form to your pastor or spiritual leader. Ask them to send it directly to us at the email address specified on the form.
- Confidential medical certificate
Please send us the certificate signed and stamped by your doctor.
- Copy of health insurance and passport
Please scan and email us a copy of your health insurance and any health insurance card you may have. In addition, send us a copy of the main page of your passport (the one with the data and photo), as we will need this to process your visa.
- Background check to work with minors
We ask all our students and volunteers to obtain this certificate (background check) since we often organize activities with minors on our bases and during our events. If you are not resident in Spain you will need, in addition to the Spanish certificate, a certificate from your country of origin. You can apply for the free Spanish certificate online at the Spanish Ministry of Justice.
- Quick call
Once we have your application and references, we will set up a quick video call with you to get to know you better and answer any questions you may have.
- Worldview and Origins
- The Pentateuch
- The Tribal Era
- The Life of David
- The Kings of Israel
- The Prophets
- The time between the Old and the New Testaments
- Jesus and the Church
- The life of Paul
- The five books that John wrote
YWAM’s DBS is one of the Bible schools of the University of the Nations.
Introductory Bible Course Lecture Phase CHR 227
This program grants you 11-12 credits from the University of the Nations.
This course meets the University of the Nations Core Curriculum requirement for Bible.